WHY DEDICATE YOUR BABY?
We’re glad you asked!! We do NOT believe that baby dedication has anything to do with your child’s salvation. Salvation is a decision made when an individual responds to God’s call and agrees to make Jesus the leader of his or her life. That is not what this ceremony is about.
Our desire for Baby Dedication is to make it a meaningful and encouraging challenge to PARENTS. You will attend a training session, complete homework, and then partner with our church congregation for prayer and support. Our hope is to inspire you to intentional parenting and offer a memorable milestone as you begin the journey.
WHO CAN BE DEDICATED?
A child who is 2 years old or younger whose parents are members of Woodland Hills Family Church.
WHY DO WE REQUIRE MEMBERSHIP?
Parenting is not an easy journey. Any parent can tell you it requires almost endless reserves of patience, determination and wisdom. God has chosen YOU to influence a precious child–how amazing (and humbling) is that!!
We believe that parenting is best accomplished when a mom or dad is a believer in Jesus Christ and is seeking to live in obedience to God’s Word. You can’t lead a child to live a Godly life if you are not modeling Godly living yourself. While church membership is NOT a requirement for salvation, we do ask that our parents interested in baby dedication are members at WHFC. To become a member, you can register for our next Starting Point which will be on Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 and then join us for the next baby dedication opportunity. To our leadership, church membership shows an alignment with the values of our church and is a measure of a parent’s commitment to follow Jesus.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Homework designed for personal reflection and goal setting.
- Parent Orientation to explain our church’s partnership efforts with parents in Kid’s Ministry.
- Church-wide presentation with a commitment to prayer and support.
CAN FAMILY MEMBERS OTHER THAN PARENTS DEDICATE A CHILD?
We limit participation to the primary guardian(s) of the child.
CAN OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS PARTICIPATE IN THE PROCESS?
- We welcome siblings on stage during the church presentation.
- We encourage you to invite family members and guests to join us in the church presentation gathering.
- After the Baby Dedication gathering is over on Sunday, we hope you will consider hosting a celebration with your family and friends. Perhaps at a restaurant, at the park, or in your home, we hope you will set apart a time for dedication & celebration with those who will walk alongside you through your parenting journey. We will provide you with a gift basket full of tools to help set the scene for your event.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
If you’re already a Woodland Hills member, our next Baby Dedication Class will be in October look for our online registration to open in the Fall of 2024!
IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, please email Stephanie Watson at [email protected]
It is an HONOR to partner with you!